| My strength and weakness of public speech 應外三 49582036 呂偉萱 Ⅰ. Strength 1. appropriate voice: Even if I am nervous, I still try my best to keep my voice loud and clear enough to all the audience. I think it is the basic element to catch other's attention and it's also a politeness. I wouldn't murmur at the stage as though I forget what I should say next. 2. smile: I will keep a smile on face when I stand on the stage. For one thing is to be polite and friendly to audience; for the other thing is to cover up my nervousness and to be confident. 3. preparation: If there is enough time for me to prepare the speech, I would write a rough draft. I would not memorize the whole article; instead, I highlight the key points and supporting ideas. It will help me have a clear concept about the procedure of speech. Ⅱ. Weakness 1. eye contact: At the beginning of speech I do have some eye contacts with audience. As speaking going by, I would look at the desk, floor or any corner especially when I am thinking. Usually, I tend to have eye contact with my good friends that will help me manage stage fright. 2. pronunciation: Sometimes audience can't catch my idea because my pronunciation is vague and not well tuned. I have serious problems in utter [ ar] and [ e] sound and [i] sound. Poor pronunciation sharply weakens my confidence and attraction of public speech. 3. logical system: If there is no enough time for preparation, the speech may out of order. I would say whatever ideas that bumps up into my head when I am so nervous that I forget the order of speech I may present my thoughts in a non-logical way. 4. diction: I suddenly use professional or advanced words in the speech. Furthermore, I would say same conjunction over and over again. 5. overlap: The sentence or ideas I've describe sometimes show up again in the speech. This may owing to poor preparation and nervous. |
No comments:
Post a Comment