Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Strength & Weakness of Public Speaking

My Strength & Weakness of Public Speaking 應外三 49582018 林依亭 Claire

Strength

  1. Voice Volume: I'm proud of my voice volume for it always serves as a strong backup. The louder the voice is, the more composed and confident I will be. It spares me great stage-fright but brings power. Powerful volume always catches audience's attention longer.
  2. Facial Expression: Once I feel nervous, I tend to smile. Perhaps it's not a strength for some others, it's quite a good relief to ease the state of nerve for me. I believe that one with smile is more accessible than another with a rigid face. It shortens the distance between the audience and me.
  3. Clear Pronunciation: I lay great emphasis on clear pronunciation. For me, clear pronunciation is a crucial element to speech. I am able to balance fluency and correct pronunciation during my speech.

Weakness

  1. Deficient Preparation: I am not a serious person in many ways, so as to my attitude. I am always deficient in preparation and that makes a fatal defect of me.
  2. Too Little Gesture: I notice that most of my classmates use proper gesture when conveying their speeches. Compared to them, I found myself badly lacking proper gesture. I don't even remember whether I had moved or not.
  3. Unnecessary Touches: I have a bad habit when I am anxious. I subconsciously touch my nose or other parts on face to shift my emotion. It usually emerge in the beginning.. After I adapt myself to the speech (or the atmosphere), I no longer have any movement.

No comments: