Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Strength & Weakness of Public Speaking

FLAL 49582007 陳逸蘭 Stephenie

Strength:

Suggestion Therapy

Before going on the stage, I always tell myself "It's OK. Don't be afraid. I can get it through and do well." Though I don't know whether it will work or not, I still "set a reminder" as my suggestion therapy.

Tuned Voice

I know if I don't keep my voice clear and loud, the audience won't understand what I am talking about. So I don't use my original voice when speaking. But, I think it's a bit awkward to hear my pitch rising.

Weakness:

Uneasiness

When there are many pairs of eyes focusing on me, I tend to feel nervous. Even I'm preparing my speech, I can't help but think about how the audience will evaluate me. That really makes me uneasy.

Too Many Pauses

I used to say "uh" and "um" during my speech. It troubles not only the audience but me because when I customarily pause, I become nervous again and forget what I should say next.

Lack of Eye Contact

I found that at the beginning of the speech, I keep my eye contact around my audience. But in the middle or last part of my speech I forget to look at my audience.

Non-native Pronunciation

It was as if my tongue got frozen when I want to articulate. I am weak at pronouncing "bedroom," "girl" and those kinds of words.

Vocabulary Insufficiency

I suffer much from this. Although I read a lot, I can't put those words in a proper occasion. Sometimes I suspect that whether I have learned the word or not! In other words, I need more practice to train my brain to use words effectively.


___________________________________________________

No comments: